If you want your wedding to be memorable, consider using sparklers in a creative way. As they say, it’s all about the details, and adding sparklers to your special day will certainly liven things up! In this post we’ll bring you some fun ways to use these mini fireworks in your wedding but safety things first.
How to use sparklers effectively and safely
If you want to use sparklers but aren’t sure how, read on for some ways that can help you use them effectively and safely.
- Make sure your guests are aware that they shouldn’t light their sparklers until after the officiant announces them.
- Use only the sparklers that are appropriate for your age. If you’re under 18 years old, then don’t light up any fireworks without adult supervision.
- Keep small children away from the sparks. Don’t let them use them at all unless a parent or guardian is present and supervising their actions.
- Get extra sparklers ready before starting off with half of them in each hand and then lighting all together when it’s time for the ring ceremony.
- Never light up sparklers indoors—even in an open area like a living room or kitchen. And definitely don’t light them near flammable materials such as curtains, blinds, furniture or clothes hanging nearby; these could catch fire quickly if they come into contact with sparks from the burning torches. Also keep animals away from the flames because they could startle at sudden movement and cause injuries if they jump out of fear.
Here is good video explaining how to handle sparklers safely:
They’re a great way to light up the night at your wedding reception
Whether you choose to use them as part of your entrance or exit, or for a dramatic photo op, wedding sparklers are a great way to light up the night at your wedding reception.
The first thing you need to do is find out if you can use them at all: some venues prohibit fire and smoke (or the residue from fire), so it’s best to check before booking. If they’re permitted, here are some ideas for how you might use them on your big day:
Create a tunnel of light for a dramatic exit
One of the most popular ways to use sparklers at weddings is they help create the best send off line for the bride and groom by their guests. If you’ve got a dramatic walkway, or perhaps even just a simple aisle that looks good with some sparkle, then this is an easy way to use your sparklers. You can create a tunnel of light for your exit by having all the guests hold their sparklers pointing up and towards the sky as you walk down the aisle. This will make it look like there are stars lighting up as you come toward them.
Spell out your names or initials in sparklers for a fun photo op
This is a great way to personalize your wedding and get some more photos of you two looking happy. You can spell out the initials or names of each other, or even use their nicknames.
If you have different colours in wedding sparklers, it will look even better. Try mixing the colours for a romantic look.
Wedding sparklers come in all shapes now too, think hearts, stars, arrows or even numbers and letters. You could even use this method to spell out “Mr or Mrs” before your bride’s name on her special day.
Create a ring of sparklers around the bride and groom for an alternative to holding candles
You can create a ring of sparklers around the bride and groom for an alternative to everyone holding candles. To do this, all you need is some basic knowledge on how to use them safely.
Keep pets indoors until after you’ve finished using all of your sparklers, as it can be dangerous if they run around after being startled by sudden noises from nearby fireworks or people shooting off bottle rockets near their ears! Also keep children away from any lit devices until everyone has left because there will still be leftover fumes which could cause coughing fits among sensitive individuals such as those with asthma conditions like my brother who also suffers from COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
Make a little show by lighting the end of each sparkler and waving it around to music
As you light each sparkler, wave it around in different directions. Then, when the last one is lit, let them go! This will create a beautiful show of light as they fly out into the night sky.
Use one sparkler at each table as a centrepiece
Firstly, wedding sparklers are favourite decorative pieces. They can be used as centre pieces and blended with the wedding décor. Placed in strategically arranged jars around the room, wedding sparklers add a flair filling the entire room with brightness.
Use one sparkler at each table as a centrepiece. Place the sparkler in a glass vase or other container, then light it with a candle or other small light source. The flame will quickly go out and leave you with an impressive glowing orb of light that will be more effective than a single flame would be.
Be creative with sparklers or use them in traditional ways
Wedding sparklers are a great way to add some fun and excitement to your wedding day! The possibilities for using them are endless, so here are a few ideas:
- Place the sparklers in vases or on tables as centrepieces. You can even use them as part of your table decor—just make sure they’re not burning while people are eating!
- Spell out names or initials with sparklers. This is especially cute if you’re celebrating someone special who has passed away, in which case you could include their name along with yours and/or your spouse’s.
- Create a “tunnel” of light by placing sparklers along the aisle path where you’ll walk down during the ceremony. If this sounds like something right up your alley and you want more details about it (including where exactly they should be put), check out our article on creating an aisle path guide!
- Use wedding sparklers as part of your exit from the reception after dancing around together to celebrate how much fun everyone had together (and maybe take some photos).
Create stunning sparkler wedding photos
Photos of weddings that used sparklers definitely stand out. They make those special moments captured on camera mesmerizing. Finally, when wedding sparklers are used for the farewell line at the end of the ceremony, they create the best grand exit for the couple. It is a creative, remarkable and exciting way to close the ceremony and end a beautiful day.
So, what are you waiting for? Build the sparklers into your wedding plans, and make that night one to remember. Using wedding sparklers on your wedding day is a sure way to make the event memorable and unforgettable to you and to your guests. Wedding sparklers have transformed weddings by the sheer beauty of their glow. They can be used in various creative ways during the wedding. They are fun and you can find wedding sparklers for cheap if you look hard enough. Your guests will enjoy holding up the glowing sparklers and watching them burn brightly.