Congratulations! You’ve made the decision to tie the knot and become a member of an exclusive club. The next step is choosing your wedding dress, which can be an overwhelming process. Your wedding is one of the most special events in your life. The centre of the wedding is the bride, and so a lot of brides want to choose a customised wedding gown which will help them to feel comfortable while also looking fantastic. If you have decided to opt for a custom wedding dress, you may at first be overwhelmed with the choice on offer. Fortunately, there’s an alternative that doesn’t involve hours spent in shops trying on dresses that don’t fit or looking at samples online. In this article we’ll let you know what to look for before you choose a custom made wedding dress.
What are custom Made Wedding Dresses
Custom made wedding dresses are made by hand, one at a time. They’re made to fit the bride, and they’re not going to be the same as anyone else’s dress. Custom wedding dresses are built from scratch, using fabrics of your choice. If you want to make sure that your dress is perfect for you, and reflects your personality, then custom-made is the way to go.
What are the pros to choosing a custom-made wedding dress?
There are many advantages to choosing a custom-made wedding dress:
- You can have it made to your exact measurements and specifications. This means that you don’t have to worry about whether or not the gown will fit, as it was made just for you.
- You get to choose the fabric and design of the gown—no more settling for a wedding dress that doesn’t really speak to you!
- You can customize the dress in any way that strikes your fancy, from adding embellishments like lace, sequins or beads; changing up the neckline and sleeves; choosing different fabrics such as silk versus taffeta; adding pockets (if they’re allowed at your venue); etc. And remember: if there’s something else you want that isn’t listed here feel free to throw it into our suggestion box!
What are the cons to choosing a custom-made wedding dress?
- Cost: The cost of a custom-made wedding dress will be higher than that of a made-to-order dress. This is because you’re paying for the time, effort and materials it takes to make your wedding dress.
- Designing a custom wedding dress is a process: When you choose to have your gown designed by an expert designer, they will work with you on creating your perfect look at no extra charge. However, this process can take some time depending on how far in advance you book your appointment and how many changes or alterations needed to be made during this phase (you may have several appointments).
- Effort involved in designing a custom wedding gown: As mentioned above, if there are any changes or modifications being made during this part of the process then it could slow down the whole design process leading up to when it needs to be ready for your big day!
Hire a custom wedding dressmaker
If you want a dress that is uniquely yours, then hiring a custom wedding dressmaker is the way to go. You will be able to choose everything from the style and fabric of your gown, to its colour and accessories.
The only downside is that this process can take longer than ordering one off-the-rack; however, it can be well worth the wait because these dresses are usually made with better quality fabrics and are designed specifically for you. It’s also easier to find one that flatters your body shape or hides problem areas (such as those dreaded love handles).
In addition to all this, there are no limits when it comes to color or style! If you have ever seen photos of celebrity brides wearing some outrageous creations on their big day—then we must admit: they were probably custom made too!
A Custom-Made Wedding Dress Takes Time to Design
After you’ve decided to go with a custom-made dress, here are some things to keep in mind:
It takes time to design a custom wedding dress. This can seem like an obvious point, but it often gets overlooked. There’s more than one reason why this is the case. Designing a custom wedding dress isn’t just about picking out fabrics and designing the pattern of your gown; there are also things like making sure everything is well-fitted and getting all of your measurements correct before anything else. While trying on different designs may be fun, there’s no way around the fact that it takes time for designers to make alterations based on what they see. You need good measurements in order for your dress to fit properly. It helps if you have an idea of what kind of look or style you want when visiting your tailor or seamstress so that she knows how best to work with those ideas. Fabric choice matters too! If nothing else then because some fabrics are harder than others—some require more skill from both parties involved which means higher prices as well!
The below video shows the insides of what it’s like to have your wedding dress custom made and takes you through the whole process.
How to chose a custom made wedding gown
Below is a simple guide which will help you to make the important decisions so you can create your perfect wedding dress.
Wedding dresses can be made from a wide range of materials. When thinking about the material, you will, of course, have to consider the cost of different fabrics and laces. For example, silk is much more expensive than cotton. However, you should also think about when the wedding will be taking place. If you are planning to hold your wedding during a hot summer, you will want to choose lightweight fabrics which will allow your skin to breathe and which will keep you cool. For example, you may decide on satin, silk or charmeuse. However, if you have opted to get married during the colder months, you may wish to include a fake fur pelt which will create a stylish look while also keeping you warm.
Next, you should consider the cut of the dress. Some brides have an idea of the cut they want before they contact a custom wedding dress supplier. Unfortunately, the cut they have in mind doesn’t always match the shape of their body. Wearing the wrong cut can really spoil the look and the line of the fabric you have selected. To avoid this situation, you should take your lead from the staff in the wedding dress shop. The staff will be able to take measurements of your body before recommending the best cut of dress for your body shape.
Finally, you should consider the colour of the dress. Traditionally, brides have always worn white. However, in recent years, coloured wedding dresses are becoming an increasingly popular option. For example, you could choose a light pastel shade such as blue or cream to help to create a fairy-tale look. If you are feeling more adventurous, you could opt for a metallic silver or gold wedding dress.
If you’re looking at the pros and cons of custom-made wedding dresses, we hope that our article has given you some insight into what can be involved. Making sure to choose a dressmaker who has experience in this field is important, as well as finding someone who is willing to work with your budget and timeframe. While there are some things that cannot be changed once they have been made, it doesn’t mean that your dress has no room for improvement. The most important thing is making sure everything fits perfectly before it goes into production, so don’t rush through this process just because there’s pressure from family members or friends who want an answer sooner rather than later. If you would like further information about choosing a custom wedding dress, you should contact a local bridal shop near you and chat to them about your own bespoke wedding dress..